Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mask Project

2. I thought these three masks stood out because they all were inspired by something different. I thought the subject for the first one was interesting because the subject was an animal. I liked that the element symmetry was used. Also the natural use of color. The second one I chose because it looked so fun. I felt it was representing an emotion. I liked the elements of colors and the use of line. I thought the it was interesting in the use of line and how space was used freely. The third one I chose because of the color and the crown. I thought the use of color was dramatic and helped the subject come across as loud and important.
4. Explain how you used the Elements and Principles in your finished mask.
I really liked using color and the element of lots of loud colors and shapes. I also wanted it to be symmetrical. 
5. Share your opinion of your finished mask and what you thought about creating the mask.
I found it interesting but hard to make the 3d element. I decided to cut it to make the jaw detached. I was really into the symmetry of sugar skulls. I also thought the colors were loud and pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment