Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mod 12 Video Review Questions


1    1.Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
--       I chose the expression of 50’s and 60’s pop art because I wanted to know more information about these eras.
-       I chose Uncertainty because I thought it was interesting how culture and ideas change because of art and different time periods.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
- One concept I learned was abstract art is usually the feeling of the tile, also that it defies the proper elements of art, it is pure expression, and is meant for the viewer to look at the title then the work and think of it as emotion or memory. I learned from the second movie that art and invoke emotions and cultural changes and this works both ways, that cultural changes can change art, and its hard to predict what the change will be and when.
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
-I think the videos related to the book because it talks about the major concepts, but goes into more detail and more examples of the types of art. Also it shows you more art and artist of these times.
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
- I thought the films were interesting, I felt they created a more in-depth look than the book did. I also felt they used more examples to explain that the text did.

No comments:

Post a Comment