Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Module 10 Movie Review


1.     Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
-        I chose the Buddhism movie because I was interested to know more about the culture and why it is so popular.
-        I chose the second movie because I was interested to know more about African Art.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
I learned that the carvings in the stone are actually Buddha’s teachings. I found this interesting because it’s somewhat similar in the Christian churches with the stained glass window, but with Stations of the Cross.
I learned that African Art went along with the times, in the sense that when it was a hunting and gathering society you see the cave paintings depicting that, then when it turned into an agricultural society you see that as well in the art, also when there tools became more advanced and their culture richer, so did there art.
2.   3.  How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
- I feel the first video relates to the readings because it really shows how and why Buddha was such an iconic figure. It goes more in-depth with the culture and what the values are and how they are displayed through art. I feel the second movie related to the text in showing how there art started, and how it went along with their culture.
4. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
In my opinion
 I feel that the movies were really good it makes it more interesting to read and then watch a movie and find out more information, and more about the subject. I also like that I was able to know more about who Buddha really was as a person. I thought the second movie gave me a better understand of techniques and how you could distinctly tell what kind of animals they saw, and how they lived there daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment