Saturday, April 6, 2013

Video Review Module 9


11.  Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
-        I chose the video of the drawing of Michelangelo, because I was interested to know more about his life and why in our culture we deem him to be one of the most influential artists throughout history.
-        I chose the movie about Rembrandt because I thought it would be interesting to learn more about him.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
- The concept I learned was that his distribution of weight and his strokes are truly an art form. I liked when the woman tried to keep recreating his work but couldn’t it shows that his techniques truly were creative and difficult.
- I learned that his paintings were massive, and that he did things in a specific way, he liked to do the placement of persons by their ranking of importance.
3. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
I feel the video related to the text because it mentions a lot of things the book does, like the way he used draping with cloths, but that you were still able to see the figure he created underneath. I feel like with the second movie it show more of why he did his techniques, and also more about his specific style.
4.What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
-I feel that this film was interesting; that it goes more in-depth than the text because you find out where he learned his techniques and that he didn’t even want to be associated with the man he learned him from. It was also interesting to see other people’s opinions and the break down of his works. I also felt like with the second movie having more examples of his work better understands the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment