Saturday, April 20, 2013

Video Review Module 11



1.     Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
I selected the video about Matisse because I was interested in there creative process. I chose dada and surrealism because I was interested in the movements.
2. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
- I found it interesting that Matisse believed drawing and painting were the exact some thing and same process.
I found it interesting that Schwitters made his art in the 1920’s but became popular in the 1950s with the dada movement. I also found it cool that he did not want to be associated with artists, and wanted to create a different world from the old one.
2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
- These movies related to the text in the sense that they showed similar work but did a more in-depth explanation.-I felt like the second video did a good representation of how dada art was and what was made up during this movement.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
- Thought the videos were interesting and did a more in depth view of people and concepts. I thought it was cool that they showed Matisse actually creating a painting. I thought the second movie showed a lot of good examples and techniques that related to the readings.

No comments:

Post a Comment