Saturday, March 16, 2013

Video Response


1.     1. For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
-       From the science of design movie I learned that there is a super structure and a substructure. I didn’t know that there was so much built below ground and that it makes the building balance.
-       I learned that Frank Lloyd Wright placed the door specifically not in the middle of the house so the door didn’t slam and disrupt things. I always thought he hid the door so only if you lived there you would know where it was.
2.     2. How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
     I feel like these relate to the text in explaining more in depth way that buildings are made and also different styles of architecture and how important they are to the way that we live. Also the creative nature that goes along with each style of architecture
3.     3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of Architecture?
 I liked the films I felt that they gave good examples of how structures are made and the important factors that goes into each structure. I also thought that Frank Lloyd rights views of a home were very interesting and different.
4.     4. Why did you choose the films that you watched?
        I chose the Science of Architecture because I felt it would give me a better understanding of how buildings were made and it did. I showed me that location and the underground structure is just as important if not more important that the super structure.
      I chose the Frank Lloyd Wright movie because I wanted to learn more about him cause I know he built a few homes in buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment