Saturday, March 23, 2013

Module 8 Video Review



1.     Explain why you selected each of the three videos you choose from the selection listed above.
-       The first movie we had to watch. I have already seen this movie in a previous art class, but nonetheless I still enjoyed it.
-       The second movie I chose because I was interested in the Cairo Museum and what it held.
-       I picked the later Greek art movie because I was interested in Greek art.
2.     For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
-From the first movie I thought it was interesting that different cultures thought different things were important to them, like the statue of the woman with large breasts, large hips and no face, then compared to the Greeks who thought being in perfect shape would make them more God like.
I learned that the Cairo Museum held most of the ancient Egyptian artifacts ever found. I also learned that the Egyptians were the first to try plastic surgery.
The third video I learned that during the rise of Christianity that the classic Greek statues were defaced, which I thought they were just old.
3.     How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
- I feel that these movies give a better explanation of things found in the chapters.
3. What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I really liked all the films, I feel like it went along with the book. I think it gave a better understanding of all the concepts and examples, and a more in depth story that went behind the items stated in the text.

No comments:

Post a Comment