Saturday, March 2, 2013

Logo Design and Questions


1.Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
I thought about things I enjoyed, and about things people knew that I liked. I thought about the cupcake tattoo that I have on my foot, because I am obsessed with baking cupcakes and anything cupcake related. I also thought about my name, but I feel like the name you are given doesn’t define you. I also thought about how I am drawn to anchors and the importance for me behind them.
2. Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
I thought about what would best represent me, then I relaxed put on some music and organized my ideas. I am horrible at drawing so I tried light sketches of ideas and then really concentrated on my final anchor idea. I didn’t want my anchor to be realistic and I wanted it to be simple and colorful.
3. What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
The most important discovery I found about my logo was it was personal to me. I have an anchor tattoo on my side for my mother, but I didn’t draw it at all. This was the first anchor and thing really that I drew for myself, and even for being not so good at drawing I think it came out really well. I feel like it’s true that artist make a connection to there work, and that no matter how small the work it will always mean something to you because it is a little piece of you.
4. What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material  for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?
I found the most interesting thing to be how ideas can be created, and how the process works. It's more complex than most people think. I found it interesting that its not just this drawing you make, for example the one logo made in the video came from a video shot of sparklers, and the idea originally stemmed from a photograph of fire works.I enjoyed the videos and found them helpful. I think they did a good job of showing what goes into making a logo and its not simple its really a representation of your company.




No comments:

Post a Comment